May 15th, 2019
There are a few other things I noticed that deserve comment. The connector on one of the stepper motors was slightly damaged but not beyond use.
Also, it seems like the wiring is a generally shorter than it probably should be. For example, the X stepper wire seems to be about 2" short and pulls out of the stepper if I raise the X gantry near the top of the range. The wiring generally seems to be on the wimpy side. I would expect the stepper wires to be a somewhat heavier gauge. Then again the steppers themselves are quite a bit smaller than the ones on my Prusa Mk2.
Another thing I noticed even from photos and video, it seems like there is room for improvement in cable management. Not only are some of the cables on the short side but they are more messy that I would like to see. For example I noticed that there is a potential for one of the extruder motor wires to get caught under the X carriage wheels.
I did shoot some video of unboxing and partial assembly. Will post some stills later.
Leave a Reply.